CAN DOGS EAT RAISINS? [HIGHLY TOXIC]


can dogs eat raisins?

Grapes seem like healthy and harmless fruit but are they the same for your dog? Can dogs eat raisins? Can they harm your dog while being healthy for us? You will get all your answers in this article.

Can dogs eat Raisins?

Raisins, just like grapes, are toxic to dogs and their consumption can lead to kidney failure. The reasons for this are currently unknown. In severe cases, consumption can lead to death. If your dog has ingested raisins, a recommended treatment is to induce vomiting within 2 hours of consumption. Consult a veterinarian if your dog has ingested raisins.

Health Benefits of Raisins for Dogs?

There are no health benefits for your dog if he or she eats even one raisin. They are only harmful to your dog. That is why, even if you give your dog raisins by accident, you should never do so.

How to Feed Raisins to dogs?

As previously stated, never feed raisins or grapes to your dogs, as both are toxic to them.

Why can Raisins be bad for Dogs?

Unfortunately, the toxicity of just one raisin can be fatal. Ingestion of the resin may result in severe and unexpected kidney failure in your dog. When your dog consumes raisins, he may experience diarrhea and vomiting. There are raisin pieces in the vomit as well. They may also begin to feel dehydrated. Weakness is also quite common in such situations. When your dog suffers from kidney failure, he or she may experience seizures, tremors, or, in the worst-case scenario, a coma. As a result, if you notice the first signs, you should take your dog to the vet right away; otherwise, it could be fatal.

Your dog begins to feel thirsty and urinates more frequently.

What foods can you give to your dog instead of Raisins?

Even if your dog cannot eat raisins, there are other fruity treats available for him. Strawberries, blueberries, peaches, mangoes, apples, and bananas are all permitted. Make sure you’ve washed and cleaned the fruits, as well as peeled and deseeded them, before serving them to your dog.

Are Dogs Allergic to Raisins?

Yes, raisins can cause allergic reactions in dogs. They are extremely dangerous, as previously stated. It is always preferable to keep your dog away from raisins at all costs.

What to do if your dog eats Raisins?

If your dog consumes raisins, treat it as an emergency. Take your dog to a nearby pet clinic or veterinarian for assistance. Do not induce vomiting if you have not been instructed to do so, and especially if you are unsure of what your dog has consumed. Or if your dog is unconscious, having difficulty breathing, or displaying signs of genuine distress or shock. Your dog may start vomiting on his own, but whether he does or does not, you should take him to the vet right away, or the dog’s condition may worsen.

Purification is the foundation of treatment at the vet’s office. Your veterinarian will attempt to induce vomiting in order to force the raisins out. At that point, they will administer activated charcoal to aid in the binding of any remaining raisins within the stomach and the retention of the toxin. There is also a chance that your dog will need to be hospitalized for two days. This is due to your dog requiring intravenous fluid therapy. The dog is kept under supervision while blood work is performed to determine whether the dog’s kidneys are functioning properly.

Can Dogs Eat Raisins — Our Verdict!

So now you know not to feed raisins to your dog, and if you do, go to the nearest veterinary hospital right away.

 

 

 

 

Recent Posts